huntress

huntress
yum

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

the quest to get back to the quest

ok ok so I have taken some time off. Poorly used time. Time spent eating things that no traditional man would ever consider putting into his whole food fed mouth. But I did it, and now I must own it, and get back on track. I will say that I had lost 30 pounds and have kept it off. I have kept a mostly paleo/gluten free diet (um peanut butter eggs fall into that category right? damn you easter bunny). But lets face it, all that fricking work I did has done me no good if I don't get back on the pony right?

Crossfit called me back. I kept letting it go to voicemail, but finally it got so annoying I had to pick up. So I started back two weeks ago, and am happy to report I have continued, whether my warm, comfy bed liked it or not. It was very tough at first, um not that it is not now, but it was really, really bad at first. I wanted to cry (actually I might have) and I hated every painful, short of breath, minute of it. But I persevered. Mainly because that jerk of a crossfit coach seems to believe in me and make me do things he says he knows I can do even if I don't think I can.  And this is what brings me to this blog post today.

So, trainer heard that I was going to Florida in May, and he asked me how I wanted to be when I went. I told him, not as fat as I was the year before. He said if I gave him 30 days in April, he could make me into a new person (he so crazy). This is also the month of my 40th birthday...I want to go into 40 in an awesome, not lazy way. I want husband to have to take me for a brand new wardrobe for this Florida trip. I want to fit on those damn Orlando rides without bruising my thighs. So trainer's challenge has been accepted and I am going to take you on the journey with me, no matter how truly horrible it might be at times.

At the beginning of April I will post before pics....oh god...I don't really want to commit to that, but it seems like it is the right thing to do. I will also post...gulp...my measurements. Then I will tell you what I do each day and we will see where I end up.

Sounds exciting doesn't it? Ok, maybe not for you, but I am feeling pretty psyched about it, which, if you know me at all, is truly strange.

Words of encouragement strongly advised.

thanks
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment