huntress

huntress
yum

Friday, March 21, 2014

quest for the peanut butter cup

I LOVE peanut butter cups. I know we should not have emotional attachment to any food...but, seriously, I LOVE peanut butter cups. This may be obvious, but a paleo lifestyle and the aforementioned creamy, salty, chocolaty, treat do not good bedfellows make. That being said, these crazy whole, natural food eaters have developed some kick ass treats to tame even the most chocolate obsessed persons cravings. Except, for mine, that is. Sure they have amazing recipes for chocolate almond butter cups...but screw that. I don't like just any nut butter and chocolate together, I like a very particular brand. I have never gone for any of those fancy peanut butter cups at chocolatiers, or for the buckeye balls or whatever they are called. I only like Reese's Peanut Butter cups...and I especially LOVE them in Easter egg form.
We of course are right in the middle of the dastardly bunnies holiday and the peanut butter eggs are out in full force, so what's a girl to do?
Well I finally concocted something that tricks me into thinking I am being satisfied by a very similar taste sensation. Sure it's not the same mouth feel, but it does kinda taste like if you blended peanut butter cups into ice cream and then let it melt a little, and that totally works for me, on many levels.
So here is my peanut butter egg smoothie(gosh I love my Vitamix). You may try  and get very frustrated with me because it Wwill not taste like Reeses, but listen, it totally works for me, and if it works for me, maybe, just maybe, it will calm your nerves as well.

Throw this all in your blender and if you have the smoothie option use it, if not I suppose blend until smooth.
and also you can tinker with the amounts, that is what I did until I found the perfect taste.

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (regular almond milk will do, but I found I need the vanilla, you could always throw in some vanilla extract though)
1 ripe banana
1 heaping tsp unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 heaping tsp almond butter ( I love the flavor of MaraNantha)
1 heaping tsp raw local honey
1/3 or just a big handful of ice.


ooh now I have to go make one, made my own mouth water;)

enjoy
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment